CMi2i - making things clearer.
Our team has provided support and advice to over 300 of the largest, most structurally complex companies in the world. We've worked on over 200 transactions & 1200 Proxy Campaigns. As a result, our highly experienced team has developed a unique combination of skills & methodologies within the following areas -
Capital Market Intelligence & Investor Relations Support
Corporate Governance Advisory & Proxy Solicitation Support
Capital Markets Advisory & Engagement
Continuous innovation & development...
Our objective is to continually innovate and develop our services in order to provide our clients with the highest quality market intelligence and advice; supporting the effective management of Corporate Transactions, Investor Relations Programmes, or Proxy Solicitation Campaigns.
In addition to Financial Calendar and Corporate Governance obligations, the team has applied this knowledge to many high profile Mergers and Acquisitions, Takeovers, Activist Campaign Defences, Capital Raising, and other events that inevitably lead to change in a company’s shareholder structure.
Our own proprietary intelligence & tools.
Uniquely, CMi2i is the only company with an Advisory Team armed with our proprietary intelligence and tools. These have been specifically designed to interpret and provide guidance on the management of the evolution of a company's share ownership, whether that change is prompted by a Capital Event or by a shifting capital market story.
Our Advisory Team comprises some of the most experienced IROs in the industry. All have worked on the Buy Side or Sell Side, and all have an additional commonality in that, as clients, they have applied our services to tangible issues and events.
We are here to help....
We are here to help any company understand what is likely to happen to their existing shareholder base, and where best to focus time and resources to exert greater control of this in the future.
Get in touch.
21-26 Garlick Hill,
London EC4V 2AU
Tel: +44 (0) 203 824 1450
SERVICES - CAPITAL MARKETS INTELLIGENCE & INVESTOR RELATIONS SUPPORT
1. Capital Market Intelligence & Investor Relations Support
The following services comprise the main components of a successful IR Programme. Taken individually, they provide value. Taken together, they provide the basis for effective capital markets engagement.
Global Shareholder Identification
- Comprehensive and detailed breakdown of Global Shareholder Structure, with analysis of beneficial ownership, correctly linked to money management and the voting chain.
Shareholder Composition Analysis
- Asset allocations and investment strategies are vitally important to an understanding of the interaction between shareholders and value; CMi2i analysis understands and examines this relationship.
Investor Perception Analysis
Focused on the questions which matter to investors and, as a result, are important to our clients, the team undertakes dialogue based interviews NOT questionnaires.
International Investor Targeting
- Utilising CMi2i's core competence within shareholder analysis and capital market intelligence, we provide a unique operating model which supports long term investor engagement at the right level.
Services - Corporate Governance Advisory & Proxy Solicitation Support
2. Corporate Governance Advisory & Proxy Solicitation Support
Our proxy solicitation and corporate governance advisory services, assisting our clients by providing advice on and executing successful engagement with shareholders.
Corporate Governance Roadshows
- CMi2i Proxy can organise a strategic targeted schedule of meetings with the corporate governance contacts at the company's largest institutional investors.
Resolution Analysis Monitor (RAM)
- Capital markets are continuing to increase and sharpen their consideration of governance related issues as they relate to investments in the securities of listed companies. CMi2i Proxy's RAM is a software platform that will provide best practice governance requirements.
In order to provide an issuer with a better understanding of the voting behaviour of its shareholders, CMi2i Proxy offers to carry out an analysis and reconciliation of the voting process.
Services - Capital Markets Advisory & Engagement
3. Capital Markets Advisory & Engagement
Enhanced Shareholder Targeting (EST)
- Combining the core elements of CMi2i's services, our shareholder targeting concept draws on detailed shareholder analysis which forms the basis of "value chain" peer group analysis. The targeting process utilises CMi2i's understanding of emerging valuation trends within the investment audience and tests central hypotheses using sophisticated perception analysis tools.
Our aim is to provide clients with the most relevant assessment of which funds will provide support for the equity, not simply a comparison of underweight positions within peer holdings.
Investor Perception Analysis
- An extension of the Enhanced Shareholder Targeting, CMi2i's advisory team provides perception analysis for clients focused on central investment themes. The team's experience and expertise in equity capital markets allows it to design specific studies which allow detailed interviews with key stakeholders.
Our research is based on knowledge and the consequent ability to hold a conversation which provides detailed insights to current issues and trends.
- The process of identifying investment value is increasingly sophisticated. CMi2i's advisory team has considerable experience in understanding the key metrics which are assessed in this process. It also has the ability to understand forecast and valuation models, providing clients with the basis on which to influence the equity capital market's view of their value.
CMi2i - the numbers
support & advice to over 300 of the largest & most structurally complex companies in the world
experience of working on over 200 transactions & 1200 proxy campaigns
Mark was a co-founder of Capital Precision and was its Chief Executive Officer until resigning in June 2013. For 20 years he has specialized in the provision of Capital Markets Intelligence Services to some of the world's largest companies. Prior to founding Capital Precision, Mark was CEO of Ilios Europe and has held senior Business Development positions within the Investor Relations industry, including at Thomson Financial and ICV Ltd.Chief Executive Officer
Gordon was formerly the non-executive Chairman of Capital Precision until its acquisition by King Worldwide. He has over twenty years of experience in global business development in the market data and financial technology space, most recently as CEO of Tenfore, up to and after its acquisition by Morningstar Real-Time Data.Chairman & Chief Operating Officer
Tony is the Founder of Shareholder Risk Guidance Ltd and joined forces with CMi2i in February 2014 to offer clients a range of shareholder analytics and communication products and services.Managing Director - CMi2i Proxy
Formerly Head of Corporate Sales at Capital Precision/King Worldwide Investor relations (left August 2013) With over 10 years' of experience in the Capital Markets Intelligence industry Richard has previously worked for organisations such as DF King Worldwide, Capital Precision, and the London Stock Exchange.Head of Business Development
Simon joined CMi2i in May 2014 with responsibility for business development in Northern and Central Europe and heads up the Group Marketing function. With over 10 years' of experience within the Investor Relations Industry, he was formerly Director of Sales at Capital Precision/King Worldwide Investor Relations.Director of Sales and Marketing
Jennifer Walmsley has over fifteen years of experience in the investment management industry, having begun her career as a financial journalist. Most recently she was Director of Investor Engagement at the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) and prior to that headed the shareholder engagement team at Hermes Fund Managers. In that role, she interacted at board level with the largest companies globally to raise issues of concern to their investors. She has extensive knowledge of corporate governance and investor engagement, from both a practical and regulatory perspective, as well as a detailed understanding of fund manager and asset owner expectations of the companies in which they invest.Head of Corporate Governance Advisory
Anthony joined CMi2i from Primary Markets at the London Stock Exchange. Previously he worked in investor relations advisory, capital markets intelligence and the financial technology sectors. Earlier in his career Anthony worked at Smith New Court as a Sales Trader covering South African and Australian mining and financial stocks. Anthony speaks 8 languages and comes with over 20 years international sales experience together with a wide knowledge of continental Europe, The Middle East and Latin America.Regional Sales Director
Ilja has spent the last 15 years' in various Investor Relations and corporate development roles, working primarily in emerging markets with a strong focus on Africa, while he has capital markets experience in various jurisdictions including ASX, SEHK, JSE, LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ and the TSX. A journalist by trade, Ilja has served as a non-executive director on a number of companies and is also the co-founder of an African focused mining business.Regional Director, Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 10 593 0443
James Palmer, 51, has over 20 years of experience in financial management and investor relations at stock market listed companies. James has been Investor Relations Officer for PSA Peugeot Citroën, Rhodia/Solvay and Lafarge. He has also had managerial responsibility for internal audit, financial control, project finance, change management and corporate development in a number of organisations. Throughout his career, James has been involved in complex financial operations (rights issues, M&A, debt issuance etc…). James is a member of the CLIFF (French Association for Investor Relations professionals).Regional Director, France
Tel: +33 7 60 92 77 74
Andrew has worked around the world for top tier brokers as an Institutional and Retail broker. He brings a wealth of experience from the broking industry working for firms such as Killik & Co, Deutsche Bank, Sal Oppenheim and Merchant Securities before moving into corporate governance. Through Andrews connections within the Corporate Governance community, CMi2i Proxy are able to successfully engage with the key decision makers at the top institutions.Business Development Manager